Savvy's Guide to Neon Creatures

Today, I'll be showing you how to make neons, because I've wanted to figure it out for at least a year, probably more, and I learned how last night.


...What? No. Get that crap outta here.


I'm talking about THESE THINGS. These psychedelic rainbows. Some look more unholy than others.

Alright, you know how a standard creature has all these pigment bleed genes? The first three show at birth, while the remaining six appear at adolescence, and a different set activates for each gender. Set those to activate at birth (Embryo) for both genders. Then, pick a slider and set it to zero for all nine genes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but either one will do, just as long as all nine genes have it set to zero. I've found that setting them both to zero generally makes everything so much worse, so do that if you want maximum eye-bleeding. It kind of messes with the way pigments work, so don't be afraid to experiment with that.


Simple, right? If you didn't miss any genes, you now have the genetic code for an unholy abomination. I've been told it's some kind of underflow/overflow glitch. It also happens with values of 256, but the sliders don't go above 255, so that doesn't work on creatures. Don't worry, you're not missing out on very much. I've pulled out the Color Test agent to demonstrate up there. Kind of an awkward location... The top is 0, and the bottom is 256.

Happy gengineering!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Testing a Genome

New Blog, New Worlds